Warm Homes Healthy People
Suffolk's Warm Homes Healthy People is a project designed to help vulnerable people and families make their homes cheaper to heat.
The project can provide the following for eligible residents in Suffolk:
- Emergency Fuel Payments paid directly to your heating supplier
- First Time Central Heating to properties without a boiler and radiators
- Boiler or heater stopped working? Warm Homes Healthy People can lend you electric heaters and assess you for financial assistance towards the cost of repairs or replacements
- Do you own or privately rent your property? Warm Homes Healthy People can arrange for an independent surveyor to visit your home and discuss energy efficiency improvements that could make a real difference to your heating bills.
- The project can also access grants to help pay for insulation and basic draught proofing
If you are struggling to heat your home or pay for your fuel bills, please contact 03456 037 686 to find out what help is available.
If you are a GP wishing to make a referral, please contact us on 03456 037 686 or email@example.com
Other ways to get help
In the first instance contact your energy supplier. They offer a range of services to older or vulnerable customers and people on low incomes, including cheaper energy deals and free or subsidised energy efficiency measures.
All gas or electricity companies offer a Priority Service Register to customers who are older, disabled or have a chronic illness.
- Benefits: If you are concerned about the cost of heating your home you may be eligible for various benefits and schemes.
- British Gas Energy Trust: Find details of trusts and funds to help with energy and water bills
- Community Action Suffolk Community Buying Ltd: Countywide oil-buying syndicate which enables members to buy heating oil at reduced prices
- Energy Saving Trust: Impartial advice on how to reduce carbon emissions, use water more sustainably and save money on energy bills
- Lofty Heights: A loft emptying service for elderly and disabled people to allow them to take advantage of the free insulation schemes on offer
- Are you prepared for winter?: Essential information about staying safe and healthy this winter from Suffolk County Council
- Keep well this winter: Tips from Age UK on how to keep warm and well
Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them.