Take Out Eat Well
The Take Out Eat Well Award recognises the work of fast food businesses operating in Suffolk who are making it easier for customers to make healthier choices when eating food on the go. The award is open to all takeaway outlets including:
- Chip shops and fried food e.g. chicken/fish/burger
- Pizza takeaways
- Indian and Chinese
- Kebab shops
- Takeaway sandwich and snack outlets
- Mobile catering outlets
Here's a short video that tells you more about the award and look out for the take out eat well logo in takeaways
Awarded takeaways business locations found on the
Takeaway food and our health
Eating food on the go is now a regular feature of busy lifestyles. We are constantly nudged to buy and eat more food through food advertising, promotions and the increasing number of food outlets on our high streets (shops, restaurants, takeaways and fast food restaurants, cafes and coffee shops). In 2015 Public Health England identified that a quarter of adults and one fifth of children ate meals out of the home once a week or more.
Snacking ‘on the go’ has also been increasing. In 2015 it was reported that the UK snack food market had grown by 29.7% between 2010 and 2014. Offering healthier food choices can help people to maintain a healthy weight and reduce their risk of long-term health conditions. Find out about businesses and healthy lifestyles by following these links:
- Business in the Community - employer tool-kit to support employees making lifestyle changes including healthier eating and weight
- Healthier and Sustainable Catering - guidance and tool-kit including nutrition principles, Government Buying Standards for Food when serving food to adults and older people
- Healthy High Streets - Be part of the move towards healthier high streets
about the award follow this link
You can also contact us here if:
- You have a Take Out Eat Well Award question
- You'd like your business to take part in the Take Out Eat Well or the Eat Out Eat Well awards
- You'd like to nominate a business to go forward for a Take Out Eat Well or the Eat Out Eat Well awards
Local government register to use Take Out Eat Well
The Take Out Eat Well award scheme is available for use by local government only.
What you need to do if you want to use the Take Out Eat Well award materials:
It is important not to alter any of the guide criteria or adapt the design otherwise your award cannot be recognised as Take Out Eat Well.
Using the award without registering is considered a breach of copyright.
To register you interest for the use of materials for the Take Out Eat Well award contact HealthandWellbeing@suffolk.gov.uk