Staying mentally sound and safe
This page gives you advice and links for better mental wellbeing
A leaflet with information and advice for when suicide is on your mind or you are worried about someone's wellbeing is available in digital or printed format. Contact Louise.Biddiscombe@suffolk.gov.uk
If you have a young person in your life you are concerned about
Families and professionals can find information, advice and guidance to support children and young people’s emotional health and wellbeing on the Emotional Wellbeing Gateway website
Connect - Research suggests that...
- social networks increase our sense of belonging and wellbeing
- life goals that are intertwined with a connection to family and friends promotes life satisfaction
- the happier you are, the stronger your social relationships will be
This easy read how to use Zoom can help to connect with others via video link.
Keep Learning - Research suggests that...
- learning new things has a positive impact on our mental wellbeing
- in older people, opportunities to work or learn can help to lift people out of depression
- setting goals for ourselves is associated with higher levels of wellbeing
Be active - Research suggests that physical activity...
- reduces stress and helps us sleep better
- helps us to manage our weight
- helps keep our heart strong and reduces our blood pressure
Take Notice - Research suggests that...
- savouring our experiences can help us recognise and restore our life priorities
- being aware of what's going on in the moment can enhance our sense of wellbeing
- self-awareness allows us to make choices based on our values and motivations
Give - Research suggests that...
- volunteering can lead to a greater sense of meaning to our lives, while offering support to others can also reduce mortality rates. Look up Volunteer Suffolk for opportunities during and after the time of COVID-19
- do something nice for a friend, a neighbour or a family member
We all have evenings when we find it hard to fall asleep or we wake up in the night. You may also find this is happening more often during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Good-quality sleep makes a big difference to how we feel, mentally and physically, so it's important to get enough.
The advice you'll find The advice here is a good way to get you thinking about your sleep and what may be stopping you from sleeping well is a good way to get you thinking about your sleep and what may be stopping you from sleeping well. We also have some simple steps you can take to make a change.
During the current coronavirus pandemic, many people are experiencing tragic loss of life under difficult circumstances. It is important to know what support is available in Suffolk. Click It is important to know what support is available in Suffolk